The Symbolic Frame:
Organizations are Cultures.
SOUL is the secret of success.
Culture directly linked to performance.
Maybe it's time for companies to encourage people to bring their whole self to work. B.H.
Culture is the glue of organizations.
The organization as theatre, reveals how organizational structures, activities, and events serve as secular drama, expressing our fears and joys,
"The way we do things around here"
- Organizations are judged primarily by appearance or symbols.Soul Brands, slogans, stories
- Myths create internal cohesion, sense of direction, confidence.
- STORIES : They convey info, morals, values.
- RITUAL: Lunch more gossip, the water cooler hangout. Gives structure and meaning to daily life. Morning Coffee. Used to create order, clarity, and predictability. Intiate newcomers.
- MYTHS: Provide stories behind the story. They can blind us to new info and learning.
- CEREMONY: More grand than Ritual, more elaborate, less frequent. They punctuate special events. When done right, ceremony and ritual fire IMAGINATION and strengthen faith in the purpose.
- Metaphor, humor, and play loosen up and provide depth to situation.
- Shared Values creates Bonding and Cohesion.